Oh dear...

Oh dear...

Favorite Post Q4

My favorite post from quarter three is my post entitled "Gross
National Happiness."

I think that this post did a successful job of combining succinct descriptions of unknown terms with links to more elaborate descriptions. I also think that I did a good job of mixing my own theories with those of the hosts of "Stuff You Should Know."

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Too Much at Once

I think our society has ADD.  Maybe just I do.  I can rarely stay interested in stories or tasks for extended periods of time.

Here comes a list of my neurosis:
When I watch a movie, I have to almost force myself to keep watching.  When I watch television or a movie, I can rarely be held by just the story, and have to do something else at the same time (play solitaire on my phone, surf the internet etc.). I cannot just listen to podcast, I have to do something else (I am listening to one now).  I rarely just sit and listen to music.The only entertainment that I do on its own is read, simply because my eyes cannot handle looking at both a book and anything else at the same time. 

Do you find yourself over-multitasking?  Do you think that as a society we are trying to do too much at once?  Do you think that this comes from too many choices or from the fact that we have become used to too many stimuli?

No comments:

Post a Comment