Oh dear...

Oh dear...

Favorite Post Q4

My favorite post from quarter three is my post entitled "Gross
National Happiness."

I think that this post did a successful job of combining succinct descriptions of unknown terms with links to more elaborate descriptions. I also think that I did a good job of mixing my own theories with those of the hosts of "Stuff You Should Know."

Friday, May 21, 2010

Kagan's Sexuality?

This is so irrelevant and inappropriate in every conceivable way.  Trying to question a Supreme Court nominee over her record (or lack there of)is totally fair.  Questioning a Supreme Court nominee over her sexuality is not.

I think that the Washington Post did the best job at crossing the line as made apparent by this Current TV clip:



Do you think that it is OK to childishly slander someone you don't agree with by rousing populist bigotry? (I understand that that question was asked in a way to produce only one question, but I don't care.)  I think that this is the most extreme example of dirty politics and modern yellow journalism that I have seen in a while. 

Do you think that Kagan's sexuality should be relevant to the debate?  If yes, do you think that it was brought up in an appropriate way?

No comments:

Post a Comment